The psychologist (court ordered to evaluate our oldest son’s competency) has determined that he is incompetent to stand trial, at this time.
This is an answer to prayer! This will help ensure he receives better help (that he never qualified for in the psychiatry field due to his complicated case – regardless how many years I exhausted myself advocating for it on his behalf). Thank you Father!👐🙏
Their thinking is…that after long term treatment both in a state, residential-facility in New Mexico and follow up out patient treatment…he might become competent to stand trial (for these current charges). The judge can decide to pick it back up at a much later time.
So, there is a big possibility this legal matter is going to be a much longer process/journey for us than anyone expected. But with a long break in between (if this possibility becomes reality).
But I sensed & accepted that as a possibility… when my husband & I decided to encourage the powers that be -to not rush and dig deeper…to actually help us!
So, at this time…they are waiting for the medicaid application we submitted, to process. They may want to release him to us for a short time…while we all (us and court system) wait on the state to finish processing Medicaid. Then place him in the state residential-facility they have been communicating with. It is a possibility (releasing him home temporarily). We are not 100% sure if that will happen yet.
But we are not comfortable with that…only because our son is such a flight risk (even more so now because he will not want to be caught & be returned to court custody)…and we will have no medical or psychiatric coverage or aid…during that time…which is not as big a risk or concern while he is in state custody.
But these are the facts & possibilities the attorney wants us to be aware of.
We still do not receive communication from anyone during the 14 long days between court hearings (for anything other than documentation needs the Juvenile probation officer occasionally has)…which makes it so very hard on this mamma.😓👣🌙
But I am determined to not allow Satan to discourage me with that. And I am determined to press through the silence. To try hard in not allow it to cause worry. Practicing, imperfectly…being still in HIS presence…saying “Your servant is listening!”
Taking it to Abba Father, again & again. This is not an easy task. I am not brave. But when I stop trying in self-effort…and say “Here it is, Daddy-Good! Take my fear! I need your courage!” I am able to “Take another step.” As Steven Curtis Chapman says.🙌👑💗👣
What this means for the timing of our move…that things may move quicker now. But we still do not have specific dates.
Next court date is scheduled for April 6th, 2015 @ 1pm. Please, put this date on your calender and set it to remind you to pray!
We are still waiting on the last of the funds from my husband’s former job…so we can pay current bills, purchase an RV, repair the damage our son has done to the house and move out of the house…while we continue to wait on God (to reveal the details of His leading us to Colorado to settle before our son’s eventual, outpatient treatment) & wait on Him to say when.
Thank you, each & everyone of you who take the time to follow our journey.
And take time to stop & pray to our Father on our behalf.❤
– Erin Marie